Porcelain veneers are an excellent alternative to crowns. Veneers can perfect your smile by masking stains, hiding chips, correcting misalignment, and creating uniformity. Made of a thin customized porcelain material, veneers slide over the teeth, with little or no preparation. Porcelain veneers are very natural looking, long lasting, easy to apply, and look fantastic.
Dental Veneers, the procedure:
- A through consultation and treatment plan is first preformed. We discuss expectations such as: shade, length, shape and address any other concerns you may have.
- The first procedural appointment involves the preparation of the teeth. A very finite amount of tooth structure is removed, usually 0.5-1.5mm, to allow for the proper thickness and strength of the material to be utilized. The patient leaves this appointment with, in most cases, temporary veneers.
- The second procedural appointment involves cementing the definitive dental veneers in place with a very strong, light, sensitive resin. The patient leaves with a new healthy smile of which to be proud.
Dental Veneers are not indicated for:
- Teeth with excessive existing restorations.
- Severely mal-aligned teeth.
- Severely stained teeth.
- Patients with heavy grinding habits.
To read more about procelain veneers click here.