To avoid misunderstandings regarding dental insurance, we would like our patients to know that all professional services rendered in this office are charged directly to the patient, who is ultimately responsible for payment, of any and all fees. If your dental insurance company fails to pay their portion or fails to pay the claim within 90 days, you are responsible for payment of balance due in full for any service rendered.
Processing Dental Insurance Claims
- When the service is rendered, the estimated patient co-payment is collected
- The claim form is sent to the insurance company, along with any x-rays, intra-oral camera photographs or other necessary supplemental documentation.
- We expect the insurance co-payment to be paid to our office within 30-60 days.
- If the insurance co-payment portion paid to us falls short of our original estimate, a bill for the balance due is created and mailed to the patient.
- If the insurance co-payment portion is not paid within 90 days, a bill for the total balance due is mailed to the patient.