TMJ/TMD (Jaw Pain Therapy)
TMJ stands for the Temporomandibular Joint. Subtle chronic misalignments in the Temporomandibular Joint can lead to a condition known as Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD). TMJ/TMD is a common significant source of head and neck pain.
Symptoms of TMJ /TMD:
- Popping, clicking, or crackling sounds in or near the ear
- Pain when opening or closing the mouth
- Tenderness or soreness of the jaw
- Pain or tenderness when chewing
- Ringing in the ears
- Severe pain in the joint area
- Pain around the eyes, cheeks
- Chronic fatigue (especially associated with the jaw)
- Tenderness and swelling at the sides of the face
- "Locking" of the jaw
- Tingling or burning sensations in the mouth, tongue, or throat
- Malocclusion (teeth not coming together properly)
If you frequently suffer from severe head or neck pain or any of the above symptoms, you should investigate Lenz Family and Cosmetic Dentistry's life-changing approach to correcting these TMJ problems.
To read more about TMJ and TMD click here.